Get out and go with the GO Grant!
GO stands for Get Out – as in, get out and do something fun. Get outside your routine and explore something new!
With the generous sponsorship of the Graduate School, GO Grants provide funding to Notre Dame graduate students and post-docs to participate in a wide variety of enriching and entertaining experiences. From concerts to kayaking, GO Grants can make it more affordable to get out and enjoy all that South Bend and Notre Dame have to offer.
Graduate students and post-docs can apply for up to $300 in funding per ticketed-event for 6-24 attendees (6-12 students/post-docs and their guests). Although $300 is the maximum amount that can be allotted, funding will ultimately be determined by the number of attendees and ticket prices. The person applying is responsible for coordinating the group, purchasing and distributing tickets, and submitting all required documentation for reimbursement. Details are given below. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who is eligible to apply and attend?
- Graduate students and post-docs are eligible to apply.
- One student/post-doc should apply on behalf of the entire group attending.
- Each student/post-doc is also allowed to invite one guest.
- Applicants and attendees can access GO Grant funds once every academic semester, including summer.
- Semester eligibility dates: Fall (September 1-December 31), Spring (January 1-May 31), Summer (June 1-August 31)
- Children or minors below the age of 18 are not eligible for funding.
What events do you fund?
- Everything and anything you can find in the South Bend/Michiana area, except alcohol-related events (e.g. wine festivals and micro-breweries).
- Each activity you choose must also be a one-time event: no recurring classes or lessons.
- Funding will be provided for payment of tickets or entrance fees for a one-time event, but not for any other additional costs (e.g. gasoline, food, drinks, souvenirs, etc).
- If the total price of the one-time event exceeds $300, you may use the GO Grant to subsidize the cost.
What are the requirements?
- Submit the online application at least one week before the event. (earlier if you are concerned about sold-out events)
- Provide the names and netIDs of a minimum of 6 and a maximum of 12 graduate student and/or post-doc attendees.
- Ensure that at least two graduate school departments are represented among the attendees.
- Submit a completed waiver form for each attendee upon approval of the application.
Is there a funding cap?
- Yes, funding will not exceed $300 per event.
How do I receive funding?
- GO Grant funding will be provided through reimbursement to the primary applicant using the TravelND online system
- Requirements for reimbursement: submission of a valid receipt or payment confirmation, a picture of the group at the event, and completion of a post-event survey by all attendees.
- A failure to submit receipts or payment confirmations, group pictures, and surveys may result in a disqualification for funding.
- Funds will be reimbursed 3-5 days after registering on TravelND.
Get out and GO! Apply now.