SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE - Due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, funding for GO Grants is currently suspended.
Get out and go with the GO Grant!
GO stands for Get Out – as in, get out and do something fun. Get outside your routine and explore something new!
With the generous sponsorship of the Graduate School, GO Grants provide funding to Notre Dame graduate students and post-docs to participate in a wide variety of enriching and entertaining experiences. From concerts to kayaking, GO Grants can make it more affordable to get out and enjoy all that South Bend and Notre Dame have to offer.
Graduate students and post-docs can apply for up to $20 per person in funding per ticketed-event. There is no limit on the number of attendees per event, only that students & postdocs must outnumber guests. The person applying is responsible for coordinating the group, purchasing and distributing tickets, and submitting all required documentation for reimbursement. Details are given below. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Who is eligible to apply and attend?
- Graduate students and post-docs are eligible to apply.
- One student/post-doc should apply on behalf of the entire group attending.
- Each student/post-doc is also allowed to invite one guest.
- Applicants and attendees can access GO Grant funds once every academic year.
- Children or minors below the age of 18 are not eligible for funding.
What events do you fund?
- Everything and anything you can find in the South Bend/Michiana area, except alcohol-related events (e.g. wine festivals and micro-breweries).
- Each activity you choose must also be a one-time event: no recurring classes or lessons.
- Funding will be provided for payment of tickets or entrance fees for a one-time event, but not for any other additional costs (e.g. gasoline, food, drinks, souvenirs, etc).
What are the requirements?
- Submit the online application at least one week before the event. (earlier if you are concerned about sold-out events)
- Provide the names and netIDs of all graduate student and post-doc attendees.
- Ensure that at least two graduate school departments are represented among the attendees.
- Submit a completed waiver form for each attendee upon approval of the application.
Is there a funding cap?
- Yes, funding will not exceed $20 per attendee.
- The annual budget for GO Grants is $5000, so requests will be accepted until such time as that limit is reached.
How do I receive funding?
- GO Grant funding will be provided through reimbursement to the primary applicant using the TravelND online system
- Requirements for reimbursement:
- submission of a valid receipt or payment confirmation
- a picture of the group at the event
- completion of a post-event survey by all attendees
- A failure to submit receipts or payment confirmations, group pictures, and surveys may result in a disqualification for funding.
- Funds will be reimbursed 3-5 days after registering on TravelND.
Get out and GO! Apply now.